The types of personal information you may submit include:
- For newsletter subscribers, contact information (such as name and email address)
- For event registrants, information relating to their professional status (such as job title and employer name)
- For job applicants, personal information contained in a résumé, C.V., employment history, education history and references
- For applicants for support, information regarding their application according to the requirements of our application form
- For members of the Board of Governors only, login credentials for the Site
The mandatory or optional nature of the data is indicated to you at the time of collection. In the absence of communication of mandatory personal data, we will not be able to respond to your request.
We may use the information described above to:
- Communicate with you about our activities and administer your participation in events
- Respond to your enquiries
- Process your applications for support
- Perform data analyses
- Meet our legal obligations, such as to comply with, and enforce, applicable legal requirements
In addition, where required by applicable law, we may seek your consent (which we obtain when you provide your information or use or subscribe to a particular service) to:
- Process employment applications, including by assessing qualifications, verifying information, conducting reference or other employment-related checks, and notifying you of future opportunities that might be of interest to you
- Send you newsletters or event notifications in accordance to your subscription preferences
In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by Belgian law or legal process, (ii) to Belgian law enforcement authorities or other government entities, and (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
- For newsletter subscribers, personal data will be kept only for the duration of our relationship, and subscribers can unsubscribe at any time, subject to the statutory limitation periods applicable.
- For events registrants, personal data will be kept for administrative and security purposes for a period not exceeding two years from the date of the event.
- For job applicants, personal data will be kept for administrative purposes for two years following the closing date of the application.
- For applicants for support, personal data will be kept for the duration of our relationship or for the purposes of proof and accounting obligations, for a period not exceeding the statutory limitation periods applicable.
- For members of the Board of Governors, personal data will be kept for the duration of our relationship or for the purposes of proof and accounting obligations, for a period not exceeding the statutory limitation periods applicable.
Some of our technical service providers being located outside the European Union, personal data collected may be transferred to countries outside the European Union, whose legislation on the protection of personal data differs from that of the European Union. In the event that the recipient country or countries would not ensure a level of data protection equivalent to that of the European Union, we undertake to take all appropriate guarantees notably on the basis of appropriate guarantees envisaged by communicating, upon request, a copy of the adopted standard contractual clauses.
Finally, you have the right to lodge a complaint within the relevant national data protection authority.
For security reasons and to avoid any fraudulent request, we may be required to provide proof of identity with the request. After the request has been processed, this receipt will be destroyed.
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide on the Site against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use.
Your information will be retained for as long as necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was collected and as required by applicable laws or regulations.
Our Site may provide links to other websites or apps for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked sites and apps may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked websites are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the content of the website or apps, any use of the website or apps, or the privacy practices of the website or apps.
If you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by email at email@example.com.